HREC operates a network of fixed-wireless antennas installed at strategic locations throughout the Hood River Valley. Using this infrastructure we are able to provide internet service to most of the areas throughout the Hood River Valley. This wireless network provides a wireless alternative to wired Internet access solutions such as DSL and Cable modems. In rural areas, wireless may be the only way to obtain a reliable high-speed internet connection as it does not rely on legacy copper phone lines or coaxial TV cable.
What makes this service different?
- Service is delivered over fiber-optic and wireless infrastructure owned and operated by HREC for the exclusive use of its members. Upstream fiber-optic connectivity is provided by LS Networks, which is partially owned by HREC.
- Wired and/or wireless home networking is enabled by the provided firewall/router. Multiple users may connect to the Internet simultaneously – without additional monthly cost. See note 6 below.
- No minimum term of service or contract is required. There is no penalty for cancellation of service. If you choose to cancel the service for any reason we ask that you return the inside equipment (router, power supplies, power/network module & attached cables) and we may schedule removal of your outside subscriber unit if necessary.
What will it cost?
Residential and Business Rates:
Installation Fee: $150 plus a $5 non-refundable membership fee.
- 5.0* Mbps, $30 per month
- 10.0* Mbps, $50 per month
- 20.0* Mbps, $70 per month
* Download data rate [Megabits per second] configured for this service level. See Note 1 below.
- Bandwidth numbers listed represent the maximum data rate available for the purchased level of service. No minimum data rate is guaranteed.
- Installation fee is a one-time charge that includes installation and setup of an HREC provided router, outdoor Subscriber Unit, all necessary cables and setup of one PC. Cabling to and setup of additional computers, other devices [game console, etc] or other requested work may result in additional charges.
- The installation fee can be billed all at once or billed in three equal installments of $50.
- We bill one month ahead. Internet charges are prorated on the first bill from your connect date to the normal billing date plus 30 days. Closing bills are prorated from the last billing date to the disconnect date.
- Charges may be assessed for site visits to identify and/or resolve issues not attributable to HREC provided equipment.
- One complimentary wireless router is provided at the time of installation with no monthly “rental” or maintenance fee. Routine router replacements or upgrades are not covered in the monthly service fee. Replacement routers can be supplied by HREC with a one-time fee, or a replacement router may be supplied by the customer. HREC support is available to assist with the initial configuration of a customer supplied router.
HREC offers a seasonal rate for part-time residents where we will leave the equipment installed set to a limited speed for a reduced monthly rate. This prevents repeated setup/activation fees and possible service calls and allows you to resume your service at full speed on a specified date or with just a call into the office.
Terms of Service
By accepting service from HREC you are consenting to our Terms of Service. A copy of the Terms of Service will be provided at the office when signing up for service.