Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete our 2019 member survey. We received 724 responses.
During the next few months, we will evaluate these results and consider what changes may be needed. We will report our progress in this column.
Here are some of survey highlights:
Members are generally very satisfied with the services we provide. On a scale of 1 (low) to 4 (high), our average rating for overall member satisfaction was 3.89. For electric service reliability, our average score was 3.89. For internet service reliability, our average score was 3.66.
We asked participants what aspects of cooperative service are important to them. On a scale of 1 (not important) to 4 (very important), we received the following average ratings:
- Being responsive to members and providing good service: 3.96.
- Rates that are 25% lower than average electric rates in Oregon: 3.91.
- Local control/membership representation: 3.81.
- Not-for-profit, member-owned co-op: 3.75.
- Rebates for energy-efficiency upgrades: 3.56.
- Receiving capital credits: 3.52.
Among members who receive internet service, 77% support raising internet prices to fund build-out of fiber-optic lines within the service area.
On the question of buying local hydropower:
- 58% of members would buy local energy if it were available for the same price.
- 17% would pay up to 10% more for local energy.
- 15% want to continue to buy all energy from the Bonneville Power Administration.
- 5% would pay up to 25% more for local energy.
- 4% are willing to pay whatever is needed to buy local energy.
- 1% are willing to pay up to 50% more for local energy.
On the question of offering a community solar project, 49% want more information, 38% would consider participating and 13% would not consider participating.
63% of members have no preference for what hours our office is open. 21% prefer the office be open Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. 16% prefer our existing office hours of Monday through Friday from 8a.m. to 5p.m.
Congratulations to the winners of the $100 bill credits: Ralph and Marilyn Gens, Mike Bosse, Frieda Christopher, Steven Nash, and Lizeth Avila and Jose Hernandez.
On behalf of everyone at HREC, thank you again for your feedback and the opportunity to serve you.
Libby Calnon General Manager