Hood River Electric Cooperative (HREC) has an immediate opening for an Operations Manager. We’re looking for a tech-savvy, team-oriented individual to help modernize our operations.
Plan, organize, coordinate, direct, dispatch, and control Operations Department employees, contractors, vendors, consultants, material, equipment, and financial resources to maximize the safe and efficient construction, maintenance, and operation of electrical and internet service infrastructure. Effectively lead the Operations Department to ensure safe, responsive, member-focused service is provided to HREC members. This is a salaried, exempt position.
Download the Job Description.
- At least five years’ experience working in utility operations management, or at least ten years’ experience in a utility operations position.
- Demonstrated supervision, leadership, and team building successes.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Engineering, Accounting, Business Administration, or other applicable area.
- Preferred: Familiarity with NISC iVue, Mapping, and OMS systems.
- Preferred: Experience supervising union employees and participating in collective bargaining negotiations.
How to Apply
- Download an HREC Employment Application.
- Open the application form in Adobe Reader.
- Fill in the application form with your information and save the file.
- Send your completed application, a cover letter, and any other supplemental materials such as your resume, certifications, or letters of recommendation to:
- Hood River Electric Coop
attn: Employment Opportunities
PO Box 125
Odell, OR 97044
HREC has 18 employees who provide electric service to approximately 3,900 meters and fixed wireless and fiber internet service to approximately 2,700 subscribers. We offer a competitive pay and benefits package including a defined contribution retirement plan. We have a team-oriented work environment and are focused on serving members reliably, affordably, and efficiently.
HREC’s service territory encompasses the middle and upper portions of the Hood River Valley in the Columbia River Gorge, including the unincorporated communities of Odell, Parkdale, and Mount Hood. The valley is bordered by the Columbia River to the north and by the Mt. Hood National Forest to the west, south, and east. The area is known for its tree fruit agriculture industry. Nearby outdoor recreation opportunities are abundant, including hiking, windsurfing, kiteboarding, skiing, mountain biking, whitewater sports, camping, and fishing.
- Job ID
- $125,000 - $140,000 annually, depending on qualifications
- December 14, 2020
- Until Filled