HREC has 18 employees who provide electric service to approximately 3,900 meters. We also provide fixed wireless and fiber internet service to approximately 2,700 subscribers. We offer a competitive pay and benefits package including a defined contribution retirement plan. We have a team-oriented work environment and are focused on serving members reliably, affordably, and efficiently.
HREC’s service territory encompasses the middle and upper portions of the Hood River Valley in the Columbia River Gorge, including the unincorporated communities of Odell, Parkdale, and Mount Hood. The valley is bordered by the Columbia River to the north and by the Mt. Hood National Forest to the west, south, and east. The area is known for its tree fruit agriculture industry. Nearby outdoor recreation opportunities are abundant, including hiking, windsurfing, kiteboarding, skiing, mountain biking, whitewater sports, camping, and fishing.
Note: We only review applications when we have job openings posted.
There are currently no openings.
How to Apply
- Watch this page and follow us on Facebook to learn about job openings. (We also recommend visiting https://www.nwppa.org/job-dashboard/jobs/ for a listing of other utilities with job openings.)
- Download an HREC Employment Application.
- Open the application form in Adobe Reader.
- Fill in the application form with your information and save the file.
- Submit your completed application, a cover letter, and any other supplemental materials to:
Hood River Electric Coop
attn: Employment Opportunities
PO Box 125
Odell, OR 97044